Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Eggless
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Eggless is a delicious crumbly, creamy cookie that I baked for a bake sale at my daughter’s school for charity fund raiser. Occasions like this, gives me a chance to try out something new also, so I too look forward to such bakes sales where home made treats are greatly appreciated by the ever hungry teenage crowd. The cookies were sold in a very short time, which shows how appealing the creamy peanut butter look was atop a chocolate base!
The texture was firm to hold but on biting, it just crumbled in the mouth. The saltiness of the peanut butter giving an edge to the chocolate flavour. I am glad I chanced upon this recipe in the Southern Living, and had to adapt it make it eggless as well as experiment with milk chocolate and dark bittersweet chocolate toppings!
Of the two topping choices, my personal favourite is the dark bittersweet one, however the kids preferred the Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Base topping as it gives a creamy depth and a nice contrast to the chocolate base of the cookie. The amount of peanut butter is just right and blends in well, giving a rich, nutty flavour to this awesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Eggless, and people will often ask you how come the cookies are so soft , yet eggless? Answer is simple – it’s gotta a lot of butter!!! So go nuts, like we did, about these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies that remained soft even after a day!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Eggless
Time to Prep 25 min
Time to Cook 20
For the chocolate peanut butter cookies eggless
- 1 2/3 cup self raising flour preferable, otherwise all purpose flour (King Arthur Brand)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup fine sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 11/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
For the peanut butter topping
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp extra peanut butter, if using bittersweet chocolate)
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 4 oz milk chocolate bar or bittersweet chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar if using milk chocolate
- 1 cup icing sugar if using bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tbsp whole milk
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Eggless
- Beat the unsalted butter for about 5 minutes using hand blender or in the electric mixer.
- Add brown sugar and fine sugar to the butter and beat for 3 minutes more.
- Sieve the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder together and mix well.
- Gently fold in/add in mixed flour to the beaten butter sugar.
- Add in the vanilla essence and water and bind into a dough either in the electric mixer or by hand.
- Divide the dough into 30 round balls.
- Line two baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay the round balls half an inch apart on the baking tray.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees in convection and 350 degrees in regular oven
- Lay the baking trays on the 2nd and 4th rack if you have options, or at the middle and low racks.
- After 6 minutes, flip the positions of tray from top- bottom and vice versa and also turn the tray from front to back.
- Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Cool the cookie rack for 5 minutes.
- Top it with peanut butter topping and store the chocolate peanut butter cookies in an airtight container.
To make Peanut Butter Topping
- Heat the chocolate in a bowl for 30-45 seconds, stir and heat again for 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate so that it is all melted and mixed well.
- Add this melted chocolate with all the other ingredients and beat for 3 minutes.
- Using an icing nozzle, decorate the cookies with the above peanut butter topping. The below picture is with dark bittersweet chocolate peanut butter topping.
Use a star nozzle for the wavy look on the topping,
If the icing does not drop well, add 1/2 tbsp water.
Sieving the icing sugar before use, will give the toppings a smooth texture.
Taste the cookie dough for sweetness and peanut butter flavour level before baking
Replace brown sugar with 3/4 cup white sugar, but using brown sugar will make the cookies more moist.
Cookie Dough should be pliable and soft, but should hold its shape.
If it is extremely round after 13 minutes of baking continue for 1-2 minutes, paying close watch to cookies
The cookies should be soft to touch when just out of the oven and using a self raising flour from King Arthur’s brand will make it stay soft, even after a day!
Yum!!! Peanut butter is a nutty flavour that has slight salty taste to it and the texture of the topping is extremely creamy. Chocolate is another weakness of mine, so when both the great flavours of chocolate and peanut butter are combined, the result is quite delicious!! Creating an eggless recipe from an egg based recipe, by relying on one’s instinct, is quite satisfying for sure! Specially when the final result is a great looking cookie with highly appealing and inviting topping! Enjoy this unique flavour of chocolate and peanut butter combination in Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Eggless that will melt in your mouth!